WARM WEATHER Training CAMP '13
October 25th - November 1st 2013
Training Camp costs include:
Return Coach transfers between Handy Cross Sports Centre and the Airport
Return flights with Monarch Airlines
7 nights FULL BOARD (water included with meals)
Airport Transfers in Tenerife
2 x 2hr swim sessions per day
1 session in the hydrodynamic flume with video recording for the group
1 bottle of Mineral Water per person (1 ½ ltr.)
1 Towel per person per session
Sports Abroad level 1 support and local assistance
Full travel insurance
T3 is a state of the art sports complex built in La Caleta in the southern corner of Tenerife
and is probably the greatest swimming training facility in Europe, if not the World.
Many National swim teams have used the centre during the past 12 months including
Japan, Germany, Russia, Italy, Great Britain, Portugal, Austria, France and Switzerland.
In addition to national swim teams, T3 attracts many swimming clubs from around Europe
and professional teams from other sports including rugby, football, tri-athlon and beach
The sports centre is just 30 minutes from Reina Sofia Airport and close to Playa de Las
Americas. It boasts a 10 lane 50m pool, an adjacent 25m pool, swim specific gym, sports
science centre, and swimming flume.
In addition it has a full sized grass training pitch and many other amenities for a number of
Teams will stay in the nearby Jardin Caleta Aparthotel
which is just a 15 minute walk from the sports complex.
The three star hotel is just 200 metres from the beach
and comprises of 244 apartments, including eight suites
and 12 studios. The facilities at the aparthotel include a
restaurant, two bars, two pools, tennis, table tennis, and
The town of La Caleta is close by where guests can find
a wide selection of bars and restaurants.
Tenerife - Fast Facts
1. The Tenerife flag is the same as that of Scotland's.
2. 5 million tourists visit Tenerife every year.
3. Although part of Europe and using the Euro as their currency, it is not part of the EU.
4. Tourism drives Tenerife's local economy and makes up for 60% of their GDP.
5. One is six people in Tenerife is involved in the tourism/hospitality industry
6. Tenerife has the third largest island volcano in the world - Mount Teide
7. 43% of the entire Canary Islands' population lives on Tenerife
8. About 5 times more people visit Tenerife every year than there are people living there.
9. The little bumper stickers with 'SP' that can be found on many vehicles, doesn't stand for Spain, but instead for 'Servicio Publico'.
10. Tenerife offers more five star properties than either Madrid or Barcelona.
11. Tenerife's Thai-themed water park, Siam Park, offers the highest water slide in the world.
12. The Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands
13. Tenerife has 300 sunny days a year
Got any fun facts about Tenerife? Email Them!
(email@example.com, and we will post them here!
News will be posted here
16/04/13 - Tenerife meeting and forms
Dear Swim Camp Parents and Attendees,
We would like to invite you to a meeting about the Tenerife Swim Camp on Tuesday 30th April at 7.15pm in the PCT room at Handy Cross.
Training times will be revised for April 30th to enable swimmers to attend the meeting.
• All swimmers attending the training camp will swim from 5.30pm – 7.00pm on April 30th
• Those not attending the training camp in P1 or P2 will swim 7-8.30pm on Apr 30th. Non camp swimmers from the other squads train at usual start time.
Please download the consent form and a medical information form
, and terms and conditions
for the training camp, please bring these to the meeting having completed these.
For parents of swimmers who did not attend the Malta 2012 training camp:
• Please complete the forms and bring to the meeting
• Please also bring a colour, passport sized photograph of your swimmer and a copy of their passport and EHIC card
Parents of swimmers who attended Malta 2012 training camp
• please complete the forms and bring to the meeting
• provided you feel the photograph from last year still looks like your swimmer I am happy to reuse this.
• Please bring a copy of their passport and EHIC card.
Tenerife polo shirts
Polo shirts with the WDSC logo and the swimmers embroidered name will be available for the camp at a cost of £15.00.
We will have sample sizes available for the meeting, if you wish to place an order please can you make payment on April 30 th with a cheque made payable to ‘Mailsports’. Please write the swimmers name in capitals on the reverse of the cheque.
At the meeting we will discuss arrangements for the training camp and fundraising activities. Currently we have two bag packing events organised, July 20th and 21st at Morrisons and August 10th and 11th at ASDA. Please put these in your diary. We will need some parental support as well as swimmer participation.
To be fair to everyone, as this is a team event, we ask that all swimmers participate in this activity and offer to do 12 hours of bag packing. We will have some sign up sheets available for this shortly. Bag packing although hard work is financially rewarding, this has the potential to reduce the cost of the camp considerably, from previous experience I think we should aim for this to reduce each swimmers bill by around £100.
Jancis and Kevin